Monday, June 14, 2010

Anniversary and Eyebrows

Today we have been married 2 years. This is more than 1, but less than 3. We are at the year that they finally tell us we can stop being newlyweds. And I guess that's true. I mean, it's definitely a lot different then it was the six months. And again different from months 6 to 21. The first six were ignorant bliss. All we needed was love and we had plenty of it. From 6 to 21 I wanted to kill him :). At about 21 months I hit the phase I'm in now. It's the point where I have learned and got into the routine and quit getting mad over nothing (except when I pms maybe, then he better cut my sandwich the right way). And now I like him pretty much all the time :). So the first couple are years were great, but I think the next one will be even better. It feels like a chapter is closing though. We are out of the newlywed phase and now I'm interested in other things (like babies!). And I'm going to miss this silly time in our life where we only have each other and get to live in this ghetto fabulous apartment and bum around. It's been fun and interesting.
And how am I going to celebrate this most joyous of events? I think I'm taking him out to O'Charely's. We've never been together. And if you sign up for their eclub, you get a free appetizer just for joining. So that's kind of cool. And as I recall they have delicious rolls they just bring out to you for being awesome. I don't know what else we will do. Go to Wal-Mart? That seems to be what happens, "it's not a date if you don't go to wal-mart". Maybe we'll get fancy and go to Target, haha. Except they don't have ice cream there and I think tonight I could eat some ice cream.
Also as getting ready for tonight and just a general kicking off summer. I decided to bathe. I bought real shaving cream and used it today, it really does make a difference and I think I will continue my use of it. Plus, it smells good enough to eat, which sometimes, I'm almost tempted to try. It's like those butter creams they had at Bath and Body that smelled like cupcakes and frosting and stuff. And the cream even looked like frosting. In case you were wondering, they do NOT taste like frosting and cupcakes. No bueno. Oh, and I'm also painting my nails again, they're pretty again, yay! What else? Oh yes, the dreaded eye brow plucking. It has been far to long. I look like a hair beast with a unibrow. And so I'm about to remedy that. It's just such a pain and time suck. I guess I was lucky enough to get the bushy eyebrow gene, sigh.
Ok, time to stop procrastinating. It could take a while :).

1 comment:

Erin said...

I realize that they are flowers or something along the sides of your blog, but everytime I look at them I think they are fruit loops :)