Friday, July 16, 2010

4th of July

First of all let me say that I LOVE the 4th of July. There's just something about it that makes me all happy inside when I think about it. It's the epitomy of summer and being american. It makes me want to bake a pie and fly a flag. And of course I LOVE fireworks, bbqs and swimming. Summer never really feels like summer until the 4th. So for the past two years now, we have taken 3 of Holly's kids (emily is always a bum), but lots of sugar and head down to St. Charles to see the fireworks by the river. The kids seem to enjoy it as much as I do. We usually do this the day before the 4th. So on the 4th this year, Holly Jamo and I went to the city's heritage festival and saw Eve 6 perform. As soon as we got there it started raining... it continued to rain/poor/drizzle for about an hour. So by the time Eve 6 actually went on we were soaked. But it was all so worth it. They were amazing live. And a front row view didn't hurt :). After we went back to Holly's and ate BBQ and lit fireworks and sparkles and all that fun stuff. Then the girls and I took a midnight swim. All in all, a great day. Nothing better than, fireworks, eve 6, bbq and swimming for a super holiday.

Aaron and Aiden on the way to see the fireworks

Anna and Aaron

We always have lots of sugar...

Jamo

Jamo and I... yup.

The kids watching fireworks down by the river in St. Charles.

Holly wringing out her hair after it poured on it. We're true fans and were rewarded with a front row view of Eve 6.

Jamo and I in all our soakedness... so worth it.

Holly and Max... haha, I think it might be love.

Max of Eve 6

Jamo with sparklers

Sparklers!

No comments: