Friday, July 16, 2010

Unexpected Trip to D.C.

So for all of those who don't know (those without facebook) Jamo and I are going to Washington D.C. for the next three weeks. We found out last week. Jamo's work needs him to go and show some spanish speaking family with a special needs son, how to use the metro. So far, this is all he knows that he'll be doing, other than the regular taking calls thing. So pretty much Sheri gets a three week vacation. There are so many things that I want to do and see while I am there. I made a list of all the things I want to do. There's a lot of them... I hope I get to all of them. I plan on doing all the things you're supposed to... all the monuments of the National Mall (which p.s., isn't a real mall). And I want to hit most of the smithsonian museums. I also want to see our government buildings. A couple of other things I want to see... national archives, library of congress, and the national geographic museum. We also bought season passes to 6 flags as previously posted... and they have one there! So we're going to try out a different 6 flags, which should be fun. But I have to pay for my transportation while there, food and parking. So that's not too bad. They're paying for us to drive out there and for a plane ticket for me to come back a weekend I have a wedding to photograph. And they're going to give him a bonus, which will cover all of my expenses while there and will pay our car insurance for the next 6 months. So it should be a great experience. I've never been there. And I'll have 3 weeks to explore it. So this should be an exciting adventure. Pictures are sure to come over the next 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That sounds super fun. Just be prepared to wait in long lines and travel light. You go through all kinds of security at almost every place. :)