Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Job. New Phone. New Home?

So it happened, they're giving me the boot at work. My last day is tomorrow. I don't know how I feel. There are parts I will miss. And two days ago I got a new job at a portrait place that does school photography, like year book photos and such. So at least I will have a job for little while longer there, I think it's seasonal. But I will actually be using a camera and not on web, which is amazing. I was getting fairly sick of working on the website. So this job should be more in line with what I want to be doing.
I have signed up for a Spanish class for the fall also. I figure it will be good to know a couple of words before we go to Mexico next summer. So I'm excited about that. I miss going to school, especially when it's classes I want to be taking.
I'm getting a new phone today. I'm so excited. I got the new enV touch! Yay me! When I called verizon a few months ago about something they had told me I only got a 50 dollar credit towards my phone, but when I got online yesterday to order it it said I had 100 dollar credit! So my phone was free, it was awesome. And it's on it's way here to me now... sigh.
And we're trying to put a contract on a townhouse in LSL. We'll see how it goes. If it doesn't work there's another we're going to try to put one on. It's crazy times. We don't know exactly what we are doing, but we're doing it. I'll be glad when we can quit looking for a place to live. If worst comes to worst November will hit and the 8000 will go away and we won't care anymore or something. So we'll just plod along until something happens.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

good luck with the house! I equate house hunting to dating. you find one you really like, and you can't stop thinking about it. and then sometimes you get rejected... i was looking at new phones today. mine's super old and kind of embarrassing - it's not even a flip phone, yeesh!

Diane Hancock said...

It's great that you have another job, and one that is more related to what you like to do. Good luck with the house. I'll keep my fingers crossed.