Friday, September 25, 2009

Light At The End

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I can feel all this house stuff maybe eventually coming to an end. We had another inspection yesterday due to IT problems with the people we're going through. We waited almost a month since our last inspection to get the guy approved, but alas, it came to naught. But the good part, is that the first inspector had a lot more on his list than the second inspector. So we asked the sellers to pay for the repairs on top of what they were going to give us and they sent in a guy to do bids and we came out with another 5k in the deal, so that with the other money, should be just about the same as the repairs we want. I'm thinking though, that I do want to refinish the hardwood floors after looking at them yesterday so we can just have it done before we ever move it and don't have to worry about it later.
So what's next you ask? The inspector uploads the info on the house (he's going to try and put a rush on it) and NACA should look at it next week, hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. Then we get two more contractors to place bids. And then after that we can start working on closing. After we close we start the repairs and move in 3 weeks later. So we'll definitely be in it be end of november (as long as everything goes fine) maybe sooner! So I'm finally getting excited again. I'm picking out colors for the rooms and deciding what I want to do. I'm going to have a ridiculously colorful house, but would we really expect anything else from me?!??! I will post pictures soon of what it looks like right now so ya'll can see our cute little town home (with lake access, woot!).

1 comment:

Mouse said...

Hooray! What a pain in the toosh it has been for you.