Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grilled Pizza and Beads

So tonight I went over to the parentals house for dinner. They were having grilled pizza and it sounded fun and delicious... I was correct in my assumption. You just cook the dough and all right there on the grill. Good stuff. Then Sandy and I went to a jewelry making party that someone in her ward was having. So I got to learn how to make jewelry. It was fun and I got a couple of new pieces for my collection. I don't have a whole lot of fancier looking stuff, that's good for sundays and special occasions or real nice date nights. And I've been looking at pearl (or more like fake pearl) necklaces and bracelets. I own a couple of pink ones that I like, but didn't havea ny white ones. The picture below doesn't do them justice, or even show them in the correct color. Just know there a whitish color. And the oversized chair we have is super ugly as you can also see from the photo, but it is super comfortable. But I think that jewelry making could turn into a hobby at some point. Now all I needis lots of beads and such. I actually have tools for it that I found on sale at Michael's one day. I got them for 50 cents! They were a returned item, which was okay with me, especially for the price :). And I thought that maybe one day in the future they might come in handy. So yay for good buys. I always like new hobbies. I like to have enough that I can rotate them and not get too bored. So if I see any awesome deals on beads and such I'll start that, or maybe buying one thing a week. Yup. Ok, so that was my super exciting night and hopeful future hobby.

Not the best picture. Taken with my phone camera... you can tell. I promise they really are white!

Taken with my webcam at my desk. Here is a shot of me wearing all the things I made! And in all webcam pics, you have to be making a silly face (it's the rules).

A shot of my necklace and earing. Who needs a face when you have sweet sweet jewelry like this?

2 comments:

Mouse said...

Ooh, fun! I've thought about beading, but have never gotten around to it. I girl I know makes really cute watches. I'm a necklace person (it's my accessory of choice).

Sheri said...

i go through phases about which jewelry I like. I had a huge watch phase last high school/early college. Then a couple years ago I quit wearing them all together and bracelets for that matter too. I had a big ring phase (not so much at the moment cause my fingers are so fat). So yeah, necklaces are usually what wear at the moment, more out of convenience I think. Or mabye cause I'm sick of all my jewelry? I guess I should make myself something I like ;)