Friday, June 10, 2011

Quick Update on Moving and Such Things

A quick update while I eat my pb&j (mmmmmmm).

So we found out on Wednesday that we have been approved to move into the apartments that we were looking into. And that we can move in on Monday! Needless to say, we're pretty excited.

And so we have begun the packing. It really is a decent way along and going well. And we have to have it all done by 5:30 on Monday evening, when people will show up and help us load all of our stuff into a u-haul, drive it across two cities and lug it up three flights of stairs.

We've also been getting rid of some of our furniture. We either don't have enough room, or would like an upgrade from our craigslisted mess of a house. So the oversized chair is gone. The kitchen table is sold and picked up. The futon is leaving tonight. And the couches have been posted on craigslist for sale.

And along side all this moving madness I find that I am 9 months pregnant. I also find, that I am not quite ready for this kid to come, still a few things we need to do. We still need to tour BJC. We still need to figure out how to install our carseat. We still need to pack the hospital bag. And we still have to pinpoint and stick to a middle name for him.

And lastly, to be noted, they have Mtn Dew Pitch Black out in stores for a limited time. This makes me very happy and makes life kind of worth living.

5 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

When we "toured" the hospital, all they did was take us to a labor and delivery room and basically said, "Here it is." No real information whatsoever. We were there all of 10 minutes. So...don't feel bad if you don't get around to doing that.

Brandon said...

oooo middle name idea "BRANDON".

tracyp said...

go to the fire dept (have to call first) they install car seats for you (you can watch) so know it's done correctly. (really, it's not hard) hospital tours are nice.. but it's cool if you don't get to it. Everyone is really nice and willing to show new mom and dads around when needed. Have fun packing.. i know we are! :)

Mouse said...

I agree about not stressing about the hospital tour. We never did one. And honestly, the only part of the hospital I saw was the rooms I was in (and some of the hallways when they made me walk, which is horrible to have to do). I've never even seen the nursery (cause the baby usually sleeps in the room with you these days).

As for the middle name, we were hung up on finding one for Caitlin. We decided in the hospital, shortly before she was born. It was kind of funny, as soon as we made the decision, hard labor came on fast and she was born - like she was waiting for us to figure it out. And it was a name I just came up with while in the hospital, and we both liked it, and it felt right. Sorry, long comment...

Sheri said...

We wanted to tour the hospital because we got to choose which one to deliver at and I wanted to see which I liked better. And we went today. And we were there a good 35 or 40 minutes. You just have to ask questions and they were more than willing to answer. I'm pretty sure I now know everything about the OB floor and what to expect. And more importantly, what hospital I want to deliver at.