Wednesday, June 1, 2011

a Couple of Things I've Forgot

Pregnancy brain is real my friends. And I'm blaming it on all the things that I keep forgetting lately. It's a bit out of control. I really need to start writing things down. But while I may forget the daily things, like what it was I was getting from my bedroom, or what I was supposed to pick up at walmart, or more important things like giving talks, there are something that I just plain forgot pregnant or not. And here are two of them that I remembered... are you excited?

I've forgotten what 6 am feels like (at least on this side of sleep).
I've been up since about 5:00 am after going to bed at the relatively normal hour of 11:30 pm (did you see the part where it said pm?). But when I got to bed that early I tend to not sleep for very long. And then have to take a nap later in the day. Which I'm super excited about by the way. Anyway, so here I am up and can I say that it is a most glorious morning. The temperature is about 58 degrees, it's sunny and there is dew on the grass. I think the word dew is appropriate for it. It's so short lived and small and simple and perfect. It makes everything sparkly and is good and refreshing for bare feet. Also, there are lots of birds out chirping and I'm not even yelling at them for waking me up at 6 in the morning! So today, with waking up on my own, with no time table, with no where to go, I accept 6 am for all it's wondrousness.

I've forgotten what my toenails look like.
This may seem like a silly thing and I suppose it is. But being of the female gender and having a fond devotion to having colors on my toes at all times, I forgot what it was like to have toenails. Like BARE toenails. This whole being pregnant thing is catching up with me hardcore. I haven't painted my toenails in weeks (months?). It's not that I can't reach my toes, I can. It's more of the effort it now takes to reach them for extended periods of times. Talk about uncomfortable, breathless fun. And so my nail polish was all chipped, half way gone and not very polished at all. So yesterday I took it off. And I didn't put on a new coat. So all of yesterday I was completely weirded out when I looked down at my toes. But this morning I came to accept them? But this, by no means, means that I am about to do this naked nail thing for the long term. I mean, they do look completely naked. And thou shalt not show thy nakedness? So as soon as I get up enough energy, I'm going to paint them. I'm thinking going crazy and going red this time.

And end post.

2 comments:

Jess said...

When I went into labor I sat on the toilet in the bathroom and painted my toenails- it was the easiest spot to do that, contractions included. I wanted pretty toes to stare at when I pushed.

Mouse said...

My toes are bare at the moment too, which is rare. Since I wear flip flops 12 months of the year, they're pretty much always painted. I had this really cute sparkly blue on last.

Hooray for you for enjoy the uniqueness of the early morning. It is a rare experience for me as well.