Saturday, December 11, 2010

Self-Esteem? Happiness? Got it.

I'm glad that I've finally hit a point in my life where I really don't care what people think. Ok, I guess what they think about me. There are plenty of people out there with opinions, with judgments, with things I'm sure they'd love to shove down other people's throats. And I'm glad that I am happy enough with myself and where my life is and where it is going, that the little things don't phase me anymore. I'm glad I'm done with that ever consuming state of depression that I thought nobody understood and pretty much took over my life (and my previous blog, that has since been deleted from the internet world). I used to be in love with the song... So Unsexy, by Alanis Morrisette...

You can see full lyrics here... http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alanismorissette/sounsexy.html

But it's just all about how all these little things, these words people say, these rejections can make you feel like crap when really you're totally awesome. And I before when I listened to it, I never emotionally got to the end of the song, the part that says "Oh these little rejections how they disappear quickly... The moment I decide not to abandon me". But here I am now finally not letting all those little things deflate me, liking myself cause come on, I'm awesome right?

And I know that everyone is at a different spot in their life. But sometimes it makes me crazy when people let such small things make them so unhappy. When one small something had the power to bust their "ego". Which as a side note, I think egos are ridiculous and for those too insecure with themselves. I do however believe in self-worth, self-esteem and ones' general happiness/angst with life. And I think it's good to be proud of one's accomplishments and achievements, to feel good about a job well done (or sometimes just finished).

So I guess my wish is that everyone could see the good things in life, the happiness that is still there through all the other problems or trials that life brings us. Yes, there are hard times, there are painful times, there's time we want to hit things. But... Life is good! Life is to be enjoyed by everyone. Life is this totally awesome gift that we get to live every single day of our lives, and that's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes, yes you are awesome! As someone who has been awesome for a long time, I can recognize other awesome people, and you are definitely one of them.