Thursday, June 14, 2012

In Which the Chubby Girl Decides to Do a Triathlon

So a silly thing happened while we were on vacation (maybe a post soon about that?).  I decided to do a triathlon.  Now I have never in my life considered such a thing.  And I really had no idea what it entailed.  Luckily for me, there are beginner or short ones called Sprint Triathlons.  And also lucky for me, they have training schedules for beginners on the internet.  And so tomorrow I embark on my journey that is my first triathlon.  I think I have one picked out.  And for some stupid reason, probably because it's Lake St. Louis, it costs like twice as much as the others.  But it isn't on the sabbath, like the one the weekend before, that has better mileages and is half the cost.  The things we do to stay true and faithful.  But it will give me another week to train?  That's a bonus.  Cause this girl is going to need all the training I can get.  I am completely, utterly and not even funnily (ha, that's a real word) out of shape.  So I've told myself to do this to help me get back on that right track.  Sometimes, after you have a baby, it's hard.  And I'd like to be in semi-decent shape before I have another one.  Or if nothing else, the same shape I was in before I had my dearest James.  My poor ligaments might never be the same.  But alas, this idea!  More of this silliness might be posted here.  Someone's got to keep me accountable?  I can do this?  I should really go to bed.

No comments: