Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Orchiopexy

I know I wrote about it before, but today was the big day.  James had orchiopexy surgery, which is just fancy talk saying he had his testicles brought down to where they should be.  And guess what?  He's now a fully operational boy!  And the boy took it like a champ.

We got a call last night changing the time of his surgery from 12:20 pm to 7:30 am.  Let me tell you, it's been confirmed that I am NOT a morning person.  But it ended up being better so James didn't have to wait hours and hours without eating.  He was getting cranky by the time they actually came to get him and bring him back to surgery.  Luckily, there was a pretty nurse named Sheri that he went willingly with.  He's kind of a huge flirt, my little man.

He was gone for about 2 hours.  And then they let me go into the recovery room.  Poor boy was just crying and crying.  He drank some apple juice, though the nipple was too small on the bottle and he got mad and chucked it.  We went back to his room and he just laid on me all tired like.  Poor kid was so tired.  They discharged us fairly quickly, which was great.  I can sit just as easily at home, and more comfortably.

So a couple hour nap and more cuddles took up the afternoon.  Monsters, Inc. was watched.  And eating started up again.  Kid wouldn't eat the pineapple!  I never thought he was refuse pineapple.  All he wanted to eat was cottage cheese?  Silly baby.  I might have to go buy more tomorrow.  But playing commenced, after being asleep all day, until bedtime.  And now we wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us.  Thankfully, Jameson is working from home tomorrow.  Poor kid.

But here are some photos of him looking ridiculously cute in his hospital outfit.  They were huge!  And adorable!  And I wish I had more of them.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

What a little trooper! In your pictures I thought at first that he was standing up by himself, but then I saw the hands under his armpits. Soon, though, I bet. So glad all went well!

Sheri said...

he's getting pretty close to standing on his own, hopefully this surgery doesn't put him back too much.