Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Failed, but not epically.

So I got a call from the doctors office this morning, they left a voicemail. My first thought, "doh!". Apparently that whole no news is good news thing didn't work for me. My blood came back fine, but I failed my 1 hour glucose test. She said the cute off is 139, and I had a 146. So not that much over. But tomorrow I get to go to the doctor at 9 am (oy, that's early for Sheri) and take the 3 hour glucose test. And after some reading, only about one-third of all the people who tested high on the first test were actually diagnosed with gestational diabetes. But if I happen to be of that lucky third, I'll be with a good crowd because about 2-5% of pregnant women get it, making it one of the highest pregnancy problems. And I guess mostly I would just have to watch what I eat, even more than I have to with this stupid gallbladder. And then after I have the baby, it goes away. Pregnancy is so weird. So yay for sitting in a doctors office for 3 hours and getting poked in my poor arm yet another 3 or so times (every hour). I think I'm going to need my books and music tomorrow. Sigh.

2 comments:

Mouse said...

With my first, I came in at 140, ONE POINT over. So I had to do the stupid 3 hour test. And my veins aren't great, so I got poked way more than 3-4 times. I brought a book on cd (before ipods...)

Jess said...

Good luck!!