Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Week of Sleeping Injuries

First Sheri complains in her blog, mostly about pregnancy related things?...

1. My Stinkin' Gallbladder - I finally have some energy after the past couple of days of being in pain due to my gallbladder. And it sucks when you don't know exactly what caused it. And it sucks that you can't do anything about it. It kind of ruined Easter for us around here. Although I did make myself get up and go to church. I made it through most of Sacrement Meeting before it hurt too much and we gave up and went home, where I proceeded to lay in bed for the next 4 hours, and the next 6 after that on the couch. We did do a puzzle though! I like puzzles.

2. Ow, My Rib - I'm pretty sure my rib is bruised, yesterday I would have said broken. I woke up Saturday morning and man did it hurt. I guess that's what I get for sleeping? I have no idea if I got karate chopped in my sleep or if this kid is just trying to break my silly ribs. Either way, it's dumb when it hurts to breathe. But it's feeling better tonight, so hopefully when I go to bed I won't injure it again.

3. Pulled Ligaments? - All the websites and boards say that the pain you feel is round ligament pain. Well if that is true, then I sure as heck pulled mine. I flipped over in my sleep, from my right side to my left side, about a week ago (again with the sleeping... maybe I should try and avoid it from now on?). And it hurt like crazy. It's like my muscles were being torn. And since then I have to sit down to get dressed. I always have to stand on both feet. It hurts to bend, squat or pretty much make any movement that involves my legs. It's quite silly.

Ok, I think I am done ranting about my various injuries this week. It's like my body hit 30 weeks and started to fall apart. Everything was all peaches n' creme before (except the tiredness which will never go away) and now my poor body is under attack by a foreign being. But I will say that all of it is totally worth it and I wouldn't trade of second of it. While it's annoying he sticks things up in my rib so I can't sit properly, it's totally awesome to know he's there and to feel him kicking me, sometimes rather hard. Either way, my kid is awesome.

And I was going to post about the craft project I've been working on tonight, but this is already getting long. Plus it's not quite finished anyway. I should invest in some varnish or something.

2 comments:

Christina said...

You're lucky those aches and pains are just now starting. I starting getting most of those around week 20 of this pregnancy. Going to a chiropractor though has eliminated my round ligament pain completely, so if your insurance will cover it, I'd say try it out too.

Mouse said...

Haley kicked the crap out of my ribs. It felt like they were perpetually bruised. And the ligament pain totally sucks, I always get it really bad. I also get the sciatic nerve pain really bad, where you take a step and pain shoots from your butt down through your leg. Also, by the end I feel like me pelvis is broken. Ah, the joys!