Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Name and Some Frames

So I don't think that I have officially said on my blog yet, thought most people know. We are naming out baby boy James. And because I have boredom, time, and pent up craftiness this is what I made of the past couple of days. Totally cute right?

Originally I was just going to go traditional with this with the big letters with scrapbook paper on the front. Instead, while at Michael's, I found these unfinished frames, unfinished letters and a bottle or two of paint. All of which was still cheaper than just the big letters would have been. So I took them home, painted the frames white and painted the letters brown. Then I spent more time than I care to admit on photoshop making these little papers to go in the middle of the frames (I couldn't find any scrapbook paper I liked). But aren't they amazing and just what you would want? Yes. I put them in the frames. And finally I glued on the letters. And they look a little something like this...

Totally awesome and I can't wait to hang them up.

5 comments:

tracyp said...

Very cute Sheri!!

Mouse said...

I can't believe you made your own scrapboook paper out of the elephant you design. You rock!

Sheri said...

I figured I'd put one of those elephants in to kind of tie it in with the other elephants I made, which I finally ordered today, yay!

Mouse said...

In what form did you order the elephants? Like prints of them or something?

Sheri said...

I ordered them in 12x12 scrapbook pages. It was the biggest for cheapest option I found. They'll probably be mounted onto some sort of board or something?