Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dates and Goals

Jameson and I went on a date tonight. We went to Fazoli's and then saw the Blind Side. Now, I know it's already out on video, but you really can't be the dollar theater, which is actually back down to a dollar (because of the economy they say). We were originally going to see Sherlock Holmes, but alas, it was sold out. Anyway, really good movie. One of those feel good kind. And I'm really not into sport movies, but this one had hardly any football game scenes, one I think. Also a practice scene. So with all that lack of football, I really liked it. I get bored when they show me game after game (remember the titans anyone?) (or any of the mighty duck movies?). I mean, I'm sure there's a point.... soooo boring though. Point being, I had a good night out with my husband. I've been thinking lately and I decided I should probably get in as many dates as we can before we actually have kids and don't have the opportunity to. So I'm going to try and make a goal to go and do cool things and have lots of fun while we still can. I'm never going to be this young and carefree ever again, so I should get carefree. Next weekend we're going camping. I LOVE camping. We're just going to Cuivre River this time. But when it warms up enough to go in the water, I'm going down to Johnson's Shut-ins, which is close to Elephant Rock and Tom Sauk Mountain (the highest point in Missouri), which should be a fun trip. It's the first year the shut-ins have been open since the flood they had a couple of years back, 2007 I think?
Anyway. My goal this week is to get my life back in order. I've really let everything go this past week or two. And I think it's time I start living like a civilized human being again. So first on the agenda (after I finish my book of course) is to clean the apartment. It's filthy, like beyond filthy. We are officially out of silverware, even the big kind that you use to ladle soup and spread butter. It's being pathetic. I think I used to have a coffee table under all that mess. So that is the major goal of this upcoming week. Also to exercise at least 3 times. I will also make dinner and not buy it in a drive thru. These are my goals.
I have also been trying to send photos to my blog from my phone and have been extremely unsuccessful. So hopefully soon you all can see pictures of my amazing new nail polish, which I bought to brighten my day (it's bright yellow).
I think I'm procrastinating doing things I should be, like putting photos on cds and baking rice crispy treats for my primary class tomorrow. Sigh, maybe I'll wake up early and do it. Hooray for Sunday afternoon naps, cause I feel like I'm not going to sleep much tonight. Sometimes it stinks being nocturnal.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Our dollar theater is like $2.50 or so now. It's completely lame. Unless it's an extra super cool movie, we just hit the redbox.

Sheri said...

Yeah, the one here had gone up to $3 a movie, it was stupid. But a year or two back they changed it back, woot! Yeah, a two dollar date is pretty sweet.

Mouse said...

Yes yes yes, get in the dating and crazy fun you can before you have kids!!! Not that you can't still have fun post-childbirth, but you'll never have those "carefree" days again until you're like old and stuff.