Sunday, November 13, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Rolls

The other night I brought something home before that has never entered our apartment. When Jamo saw it he said,"Coleslaw??!?".


Yup, I bought coleslaw for the first time ever. And do you want to know what I did with it? Well here you go, you lucky person you!


First I got some chicken. Two pieces was enough for the two of us. I have to remember to make my meals smaller when cooking for two. We lack portion control :). So I took my chicken breasts, put them in a frying pan, put it on the stove. I added some Frank's Hot Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and some extra water as needed. Cook thoroughly.


Then shed the breasts. I do it with a couple of forks. Put it in a bowl, add some more Frank's Hot Sauce. Use as much or as little as you like. Just remember, the more you use, the hotter it will be. We like things hot around here. Then I added in blue cheese dressing to bring it together and make it most delicious. Again, add to you taste and creaminess preference.


Take a break to have a dance party with your baby! Giggles and smiles for all.


I just bought some refrigerated biscuits for this. You could always be an over achiever and make your own dough. Frozen roll dough would probably be good too. But I just used the small ones for these ones. I tried the bigger ones later, it worked too, just not so fun and bite sizey. Roll them flat, easy enough.


Top with cabbage/coleslaw mix (the kind next to the bagged salad, not the premade coleslaw in the deli section, just the greens), then top with the chicken mixture, then add cheese. I recommend the crumbled blue cheese, cause yum.


Wrap the dough around all of it. It kind get tricky, just make sure you don't fill it too full. And I like to have my biscuits thinner, better ratio after it's been cooked.


Put in oven. Follow temperature directions on biscuit can. If you make them thinner, take a couple minutes off the bake time. I think these were done at 400 degress for 8 minutes.

And then you're done. Eat them up! And I got to say, they were pretty tasty tasty. If you like the buffalo chicken wings, I would recommend this. And I got to say the coleslaw makings added the perfect crunch (all foods should have a crunch to them).

2 comments:

Mouse said...

When you mentioned coleslaw, I was tempted to quit reading. But trusting your judegment when it comes to shunning disgusting things, I read on, and was pleasantly surprised! Those look fantastic!

Heather said...

I agree that all foods should have crunch. If I lived in a universe where I ate chicken rolls, I would be sure to take your advice and add cole slaw to them.