Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween 2011

Our Halloween weekend (yup, it deserves a whole weekend... sometimes an entire week) started off with the ward party. There were games for kids, the trunk or treat and of course, chili, lots and lots of chili. Sometimes, I wish I liked chili more. But I ate enough so people wouldn't ask my why I wasn't eating. I find it fascinating that every ward seems to do a chili thing at the Halloween party. Only in my old ward, there was a competition involved, and also, baked potatoes. So we hung out and ate chili and showed off our adorable tootsie roll.

Lion and Tootsie Roll

Panda and Tootsie Roll

On Saturday night we had some friends over for our yearly Halloween party. There was tons of food this year, oh my gosh.

Carolyn and Trevor

My carmel apple. Awesome, I know.

Mandy

On actual Halloween, Julie, James and I took off on an adventure. First we went to Old Town St. Charles and looked at all the silly little shops. I found an ear warmer head band thingy I want at a store that sells astrology books and special healing crystals. Also, a pretty sweet pocket watch necklace. Christmas maybe?


Then we went to see the Virgin Mary that looks over the river between Missouri and Illinoise. I fed James, while Julie laid about.
The Illinois River, looking over at the Illinois side.


Julie.


My baby boy, being cute, as always. He was a trooper that day as we dragged him all over the county.

After the river, we met up with Jamo at Smash Burger. The food was pretty good. I had some sort of spicy burger that was quite to my liking (it had quac on it, enough said). And they have gooey butter cake shakes! Now, if you're not from St. Louis, you should go online and look up a recipe for GOOEY BUTTER CAKE, and make it immediately.

And now to finish we will have some pictures of my baby being a tootsie roll.





1 comment:

Mouse said...

Is that a KitKat on your caramel apple?! Awesome.