Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pizza and The Outfit

I guess this blog post will have a few different things in it (pictures included, yay!)

The First...

This is the most awesome pizza we ate for dinner tonight. We went all out on it. We have this recipe off the internet for a mock recipe of the BBQ chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. Only we have taken it and made it our own. I mostly just use the crust recipe now (cause I love it) and then do whatever the heck I want with the rest. First I make come bbq sauce. I've come to find there aren't a lot of bottled bbq sauces that are up to my taste (cause it's so fined and all...) so I make my own. Ketchup, brown sugar, minced garlic, lime juice, red pepper flakes and whatever seasonings I have on hand and feel like using. Then we cook up chicken, and put it in the sauce and spread on crust. The we add the rest of the toppings. Tonight had everything we love... chicken, bacon, green onions, avocados, tomatoes and of course plenty of cheese. Now the secret to awesome cheese on pizza is to put a layer down after the chicken/sauce mixture and then even more on top of all the toppings. Yummy. I ate a ton. I'm still full. Also, Jamo made a big ole batch of rice crispy treats. I might explode. Happy sigh.

The Second...

This is one of those silly things that I think some of us mother's to be (especially the first time around) think about: Baby's first outfit. All important and critical right? Right. So after searching and searching I think I have found the one, the outfit that baby will come home in. And isn't it adorable? I LOVE the colors and I have a special place in my heart for plaid. Plus it seems like a decent summer outfit for my baby to where for an hour and then spit up or poop on. So there it is, the most important decision has been made ;).

And Thirdly...

Some of you may remember when I built this shelf and only had two sad lonely green cubes in it, just waiting to have gender specific colors to accompany it. So here it is all boyified. And we're going with elephants as our theme, so there his elephant is. Also other cute baby stuff will go in it at some point. I found this cute elephant piggy bank on amazon that I want, one day I will have it and it will sit somewhere on this silly shelf (or maybe somewhere else, who knows). The best part of this, which you can't see, is that this shelf is now sitting on our futon due to lack of space. We're awesome.

5 comments:

tracyp said...

Love the little outfit! And as soon as we're off the drops, we are TPng to have a pizza night with y'all, thatpuzza looks SO good!!

Mouse said...

"Baby's First Outfit" is a fun tradition, no matter how many kids you have! I've given away a lot of my baby clothes, but those are ones that I definitely keep. I ususally make a blanket too.

Also, pizza is the most delicious food ever invented. Chris makes fun of me cause I always order pizza, no matter what restaurant we go to. And I still make homemade pizza once a week (it's been going on for 10 years)

Sheri said...

jamo's about to start the drops too, I think on monday, so he'll be in that boat with you.

And yeah, pizza = so good

Erin said...

Yay for baby stuff! I remember putting Jeremih in his going home outfit. It was new born size but he was still swimming in it! He looked so tiny. We are so excited for you and can't wait for baby james to come.

ps: I also am in love with pizza :)

Jess said...

ADORABLE OUTFIT! Excellent choice.