Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March is for Nosebleeds

It's March! And that means that February is over. And it means that we are that much closer to things like, Spring, graduation, baby and the awesomeness of the future. As I was laying in the bed last night I was contemplating a question Jameson had proposed (which probably has a real answer, but I like mine better) about why February was chosen as the month with 28 days. Why not take a some of the days from the 31 day months and just add it on for a 30 day month? Anyway, so I think February is shorter because it HAS to be, especially for those of us who live in a place with 4 seasons. By February everyone is sick of winter, impatiently waiting for spring to come. And you just keep thinking, when is this month ever going to end? And then before you know it, after only 28 days (29 on leap years)... you're done! And it's like, whoa, it's March, spring is coming THIS month! So after a long winter February is a shorter month to liven the spirits and give hope to all of us stuck in winter.

On a different note. There are things people tell you that will happen during pregnancy and there are some things that people seem to either forget, or not want to talk about? And not all of them are THAT kind of personal. So I experienced a nose bleed last night, which apparently happens a lot to people during pregnancy. I was lying in bed, about to go to sleep when my nose just started leaking. First thought was that it was that watery stuff comes out when you're nose is all stuffed (side note: they don't tell you you will be stuffed up and congested for 9 months straight, it's annoying and one day I would like to be able to breathe normally again). But I thought I'd better check cause there was quite a bit of it. And then I turned on the light and my hand was all bloody. And my mirror confirmed my face was all bloody. And then it just kept leaking! Now I know for most of you this will be like an "uh doy" kind of thing. But I have never in my life experienced a nose bleed that I can consciously remember. I've been having blood in my nose, like when I blow my nose (tmi?), but this was a whole other kind of fun. So it didn't last very long and then I went to bed with some toilet paper under my nose (then I had crazy dreams with roller coasters and tube slides. It was good dreaming.). So there you have it, my very first nose bleed.

Also, has anyone used the new shop n' save carts... genius!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Nosebleeds are weird, I remember my first one, I was mostly asleep until I looked in the mirror to see all the blood. It feels just like a runny nose!

Anyway, what's new with the shop n save carts? There's no shop n save out here!

Mouse said...

Never had a "pregnancy nose bleed." Two of my kids get them occasionally though. weird.

Erin said...

I never had "pregnancy nose bleeds? either. I've never heard of them. But I did have bleeding gums and extra saliva. Oh the joys of being pregnant.

Sheri said...

they say they're more common in pregnancy, I think because of the increased amount of blood flowing through your body. I found a thing on babycenter about it...
http://www.babycenter.com/0_nosebleeds-during-pregnancy_255.bc

And add that on top of my stupid nose problems, continuous stuffy nose through the entire pregnancy, along with the dry weather and my nose is about done with it.

and I get the extra saliva thing. it's kind of annoying.