Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gallstones For The Win

I had the ultrasound on my gallbladder done yesterday. Went in, thought I was going to have to wait forever, cause there were TONS of old people in the waiting room. But after registering, I was the first one called. Don't you just love that? I always feel a little special. Anyway, so then I got the ultrasound done, the u/s tech was nice, seemed to know what she was doing. So she said they'd send it to my doctor and she would discuss the results with me in 24-48 hours.

So this morning I wake up to a voicemail on my phone from the doctors office tell me to call them back. And I do. And the assistant lady tells me that I have GALLSTONES! And for now I should try and eat a low fat diet to keep it under control. And I should also contact the G.I. doctor she referred me to. I don't think there's much they can do while pregnant, or at least much they want to do.

But I have gallstones! And I know that I probably shouldn't be so excited or happy about this, but I am. I think it's just finally having a diagnosis to this stupid problem I've had my entire life. And it also feels nice being justified in thinking for years that the problem was in my gallbladder, when even the doctors wouldn't listen to me. So yay.

3 comments:

Jen said...

It is nice to have validation that you're not completely crazy. It's like when I finally got someone to listen to me about my neck pain, and did an x ray and saw that the couple times I've had whiplash has put my neck in a weird shape that makes my head sit too far forward therefore tensing my neck muscles. I like not knowing I'm crazy.

Jen said...

I mean knowing that I'm not crazy...

Mouse said...

I totally know what you mean. Hooray for a diagnosis!