Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Month and a Half

A month and a half of homework.

A month and a half to write a 25 page paper someone hasn't started.

A month and a half of scheduling your every hour of every day.

A month and a half until I see my husband again.

A month and a half until sanity is reclaimed

A month and a half until Jamo's graduation.


And a month and a half is all he has left, which is totally awesome. But this next month and a half is going to be one crazy time in life. Usually we just deal with this the last week or two of the semester, but now we're dealing with it the last month or two of the semester. But he really needs to buckle down and get things done. Graduation is fast approaching. It's like we can see that silly light at the end of the tunnel, but still so far. There's so much in between that needs to be done. But tonight we sat down and scheduled out the next week, down to the hour, on what and when Jameson needs to be doing things. We're trying to keep that stinkin' ox out of that stupid mire.

On a different note... we renewed our Costco membership tonight. I forgot how much you can throw down at that store in one visit. It was absurd! So we paid for the membership, money. We bought chicken, money. We bought turkey burgers, money. We bought a few baby clothes, money (but insanely cute). We bought a paper shredder, money. And then cash back, money (obviously). But I will say this, we won't need to buy chicken or turkey burgers for quite a while. And Jamo's been eying paper shredders forever. Plus we have things we want to shred. I think we might actually have to use our blue recycling bags :). So yeah, good times. And to end it, Jamo watched me eat pizza and ice cream.

And on that note. Jamo is going to end phase one of his diet, which is the drops plus insane diet. Next he just moves on to slightly insane diet. He goes off the drops, but gets to eat more. But it's still all the healthy stuff so you don't put on all the weight you just lost. He also can start real exercising (which we've penned in next week to his schedule :). But he's lost like 26 pounds or something, which is awesome. He's out of his extra fat pants and back to regular fat pants. So we're pretty excited around here. And the silly thing for me though, is that while he continues to get smaller, I continue to get larger. I'm still below pre-pregnancy weight, but probably not for long. But my belly is getting bigger, or at least more full. We call the hardness of my stomach my 'baby abs'. Anyway, I'm awesome.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are indeed awesome! And while the next month and a half will be slightly painful, it is also awesome that he will be done with school- yay!

Mouse said...

Agreed - you're TOTALLY awesome.

Yeah, Costco is dangerous! I'm still getting a feel for what I should buy there vs my regular stores. I write down prices of things I want to compare, then figure out the exact price per unit (or ounce, or whatever), and I buy the cheaper one, even if the difference is in tenths or hundredths of cents. I'm so cheap! But then I'll see something that I just want, like a laminator, and I'll just buy it.