Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Desktops and Speed

Last week we decided to buy a new computer. My netbook is not adequate for doing anything with photos really, it takes forever and a day to do anything. And we're afraid Jamo's laptop may crap out at some point. And his is even slower than mine, it's ridiculous. And we've been talking about getting one for ages now and so we bought a desktop. And again we want to get one before we have other money obligations (cough baby cough). And here's the thing about having 8 gbs of RAM on a computer... it goes SUPER fast. In the past day I have completed 14 pages in the digi-scrap book that I am working on (my engagement photos). It took me like a month to do that before. I was averaging two pages a day when I did scrap and now I can do a ton! It's amazing. And so I think my book has the potential of being done by the end of the week. And it will feel nice to have something accomplished. And hopefully by that time I'll have the old project I was working on (my honeymoon pics) back from my old hard drive and I can start working on that again. The only problem I am running into in this project, which has potential to slow things down exponentially again, is that the font I was using on my netbook is not translating into the same thing on our new computer. So I think once I'm mostly done (everything but words) that I'll have to move it back to my netbook and add them there. Then I'll move them back to this comp and save the jpgs for the website. But I think first I'll finish all the pages up to that point. I'll have to post a few of the pages on here or something when I get around to it (like when it's done). I just have so many unfinished projects that it will feel nice to get one of them done. Ok, enough blogging, time for more digi-scrapping!

1 comment:

Mouse said...

Ooh, I cant wait to see your pages! And hooray for computers that let you do what you want to do.